We live in a changing Jewish world. Patterns of Jewish identification and involvement are shifting. Individuals are searching for new ways of connecting to one another and to Jewish life. The roles of the rabbi continue to expand well beyond the pulpit.
The Rabbinical School of Hebrew College is uniquely positioned to prepare Jewish leaders for the 21st century. Within Hebrew College’s vibrant pluralistic community, our Rabbinical School students:
- Find their voice as they cultivate an honest, authentic expression of Judaism and develop a nourishing Jewish spiritual practice.
- Drink deeply from the well of Jewish tradition through our beit midrash centered learning, traditional and creative tefillah, and academically rigorous courses led by world-renowned faculty.
- Shape their professional growth through numerous specialization options so they can bring their rabbinic
vision to life.
Hebrew College High Holy Day Companion
Jewish tradition teaches that as we traverse the winding path of teshuvah (return and renewal) each year during the High Holy Day season, it is wise to do so with fellow seekers.To help guide your steps, the faculty, alumni, and students of Hebrew College have created a collection of reflections on the prayers, scriptural readings, and sacred practices of Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur. Featuring original essays, poetry, and visual artwork, this booklet will help illumine the way into the High Holiday liturgy and these sacred days of return and renewal.
The Hebrew College High Holy Day Companion is intended for:
- Reading alongside the Machzor (High Holiday prayer book) in synagogue;
- Inspirational reading during prayer services;
- Private and communal study; and
- Quiet contemplation.
A Career with Meaning
Whether you are just starting out or looking for a career change to the rabbinate, Rabbi Dan Judson offers advice on the importance of choosing a career that feels useful and brings you meaning. Download his article for yourself or pass it on to family, friends and colleagues who may be exploring different career options.